Monocle Monitoring System
This document is a placeholder -- it will eventually be more visually
pleasing than this.
The goal of Monocle is to be the world's most user-friendly monitoring system.
Monocle has no configuration files, no GUI, and no web interface. There is a
single server program and several command-line tools to control it. It is
written entirely in Perl, which is available on all modern Unix and Linux
- 100% open source
- No configuration files to maintain
- Bundled command line tools make scripting easy
- Embedded service history database
- Service level reporting for arbitrary timeframes
- On-demand service checks
- Parallel service checks
- Defunct monitor detection
- User-definable state change actions
- Standard API for writing new monitors and actions
The current version of Monocle is 0.9, which should be considered BETA.
Download the latest version of Monocle here.
Documentation is still being developed. Here's what there is so far: